Time to Cook2-3 minutes
Time to Prepare10 minutes
The best of fall in a waffle! So cozy up in your favourite fuzzy socks and flannel, and enjoy these delicious autumn treats as you soak in the season.
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground ginger
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2.5mL) ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups (438 mL) milk
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) canned pumpkin
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) maple syrup (for serving)
- Preheat waffle iron. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in large bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, milk, pumpkin and melted butter in another large bowl. Stir in flour mixture until a slightly lumpy batter forms.
- Spray waffle iron with cooking spray; add spoonful of batter and cook until waffle is set and golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Keep warm in a low oven while rest of batter is cooked.
- Serve waffles sprinkled with chopped pecans and drizzled with maple syrup.
This recipe can also be used for pancakes! Just add a bit more milk to thin the batter to a more pancake-appropriate consistency, as needed.